After several years of crisis in a number of areas (financial crisis, sovereign debt, etc.), financial institutions have entered a phase of winning lost ground. Stress tests have demonstrated their ability to withstand a severe degradation of the economic environment, and numerous IT projects are now being conducted by leading French banks to increase operational efficiency, control risk and manage customer relations; this provides ALTEN with significant growth prospects.
In this sector, ALTEN rolls out its Information Systems and Telecom Networks businesses to major players in banking, finance and insurance.
Its organisation, strong positions in several European countries (France, Italy, Spain, Belgium) and high-performing nearshore/offshore platforms (Romania/India) provide the wherewithal to provide consulting services or carry out turnkey projects in the fields of Client Support, software development (.NET, J2EE, PHP), testing (TRA), application maintenance (TMA) and cross-functional Telecoms.
ALTEN Added value
More than 1,800 ALTEN engineers working with leading players in banking, finance and insurance.
Controlled and capitalised offers for the priority needs of our customers:
- Test: improving quality and reducing time-to-market, risks and costs;
- Support for critical applications (helpdesks, incident management, problems, changes and stand-by);
- Operation, production and support for security infrastructure: reduced operating costs and improved quality of service;
- Software factory: development of Web and business software tools;
- Cross-functional offer of advice and telecommunications service centres: telephony, mobility, collaborative communications, contact centres, IP and secure networks.
Jean-Luc VILLETTE is IS Governance Manager at PACIFICA. He explains what are the issues of the banking and insurance sector, in connection with the information systems and looks back on his relationship with ALTEN. In a field as competitive and highly regulated as insurance, our IT system has to be impeccable. Challenges “ The Crédit Agricole group today operates in two complementary […]
The Internet has profoundly changed the behaviour of banking services users. Are networked objects the bankers of the future?
Automation of trading in financial products: dual skill set – IT and finance – key to the implementation of new systems.
The recent crises have forced the Banking/Finance sector to seriously overhaul the regulatory framework and prudential rules. So today, strict compliance of transactions and risk management are two major issues.