ALTEN and Calsoft Labs have an enviable track record in providing product engineering services to network equipment manufacturers, and network engineering and operations support services to service providers. Our deep domain expertise in networking and embedded technologies enable us to deliver consistent results on time and within budget making us a reliable partner for outsourced product engineering projects.
Key areas of expertise
- Product Engineering
- Network Functions Virtualization
- Software-defined Networking
Product Engineering Services
Calsoft Labs provides end-to-end product engineering services to OEMs and Service Providers across the entire Networking and Telecom value chain. We help customers address the need to accelerate time-to-market, reduce R&D costs, and develop innovative revenue generating applications.
Our experience in PCB design, firmware, L2-L3 switching, L4-L7 technologies, security, multimedia frameworks, WLAN and 3G/LTE help us support customers across the product life-cycle from concept stage to design, development, testing, deployment and maintenance.
Network Functions Virtualization
Calsoft Labs is a pioneer in NFV market having delivered virtual L4-L7 switching products, security gateways and one of the industry’s first virtual CPE solutions deployed with a Tier-1 service provider. A member of ETSI NFV ISG, Calsoft Labs helps customers in:
- Virtual Network Function development, orchestration and integration with NFV service delivery architecture
- Intel DPDK based Virtual appliance optimization
- OpenStack orchestration and extensions to support integration with OSS/BSS
- Scaling and performance testing with end-to-end test strategies for NFV architectures
Calsoft Labs has been working in the SDN space since 2009, starting with ground up OpenFlow protocol implementation for market leading datacenter switches. During the last five years Calsoft Labs’ SDN practice has been a part of several projects covering:
- OpenFlow enablement of switches/routers
- SDN Controller enhancements and Plug-in development to manage legacy (non-OpenFlow) network devices
- SDN Application development
- SDN Controller staging and integration with legacy network management, cloud management and service provisioning platforms
- Scenario based SDN application testing and roll-out management
Calsoft Labs also offers Operations and Maintenance (O&M) services to Service Providers including provisioning & configuration management, service monitoring and service assurance activities.
SDN/NFV Solution Deployment
Calsoft Labs supports NEMs and Service Providers in SDN/NFV solution deployment and Operations support. With over two decades of experience in network engineering and operations, our professional services teams are well versed to address challenges in service design, systems integration, end-to-end service validation, and roll out management.