Today, the public sector faces a major challenge in its investment projects: how can it respond effectively to users’ needs in a context of declining budgetary resources? ALTEN leverages its technical and organisational skills and its functional expertise to support the defence ministry of a European country in modernising all of its radio equipment.
ALTEN implemented a Delivery Center to work in:
- Creating calls for tender: providing tech pubs, management project plans
- Negotiating contracts: technical and financial issues, respect for procedures
- Risk analysis: risks related to the schedule and the budget
- CMMI assessment: Assess the engineering capabilities of various suppliers and benchmark them
- Scheduling and participating in the project’s release (as systems engineering experts)
Having been involved with this project for more than three years, our team of multidisciplinary engineers (PMO, systems engineering, supply chain management, etc.) has used its technical and functional know-how to reduce this investment project’s costs and risks while allowing a better specification of equipment to meet users’ needs.